Opening or removing the system cover when the system is on may expose you to a risk of electric shock. Exercise utmost care while removing or installing cooling fans.
The procedure for removing each fan is identical.
- Turn off the system and disconnect the system from its electrical outlet.
- Open the top cover of the system - if necessary, slide server unit out via it's rails to access the top cover.
- Remove the cooling shroud as applicable by lifting it straight up as pictured. There are no locks or clasps in place.
- Disconnect the fan's power cable from the power cable connector on the system board. If installing a new fan, verify the fan cable is on the left of the fan (if facing the front of the system).
- Lift the fan out of the cooling-fan bracket.
- cooling fan
- power cable connector
- cooling-fan bracket