All routers utilized for EII equipment must have a few additional settings and configurations changed in order to make them ready for use with EII equipment. This article will explain what steps are necessary, and include the configuration files that can be restored to routers currently in the field that apply these settings automatically.
The below steps were based on the setup of a Cisco RV130 router - while the screenshots may not match exactly as what your model of router is, the settings are still applied the same.
This guide is based on a factory provided router, in which no previous configuration has been applied.
- Open Internet Explorer on a machine connected to the router.
Within Internet Explorer, browse to https://192.168.1.1
If you encounter a page reporting there is a problem with this website's security certificate, please choose 'Continue to this website'.
- On the login screen, enter in the username and password of cisco/cisco
- When the Router Setup Wizard appears, put a checkbox next to 'Do not show' and click the 'Cancel' button.
- You will then be sent to a Change Password screen. Put 'admin' in the Old Password textbox, and put in 'firstclass' for the New Password and Confirm Password textboxes.
Put a checkmark in 'Disable Password Strength Enforcement' and answer 'Yes' when prompted to confirm disabling the enforcement.
- You will then be sent back to the Login screen. This time, login with cisco/firstclass for the username and password.
- Once logged into the router, navigate on the left hand side to Networking → LAN → LAN Configuration
- Modify the LAN IPv4 settings as follows (all unmentioned fields leave at default values):
Local IP Address : 172.20.1.1
Starting IP Address: 11
Click on Save for LAN Configuration. You will be asked if you wish to reboot the router now - select 'Yes'. The router will reboot.
Routers may take up to 1-2 minutes to fully reboot.
Upon reboot, your computer will automatically obtain a 172.20.1.0/24 IP address, and your browser window will be redirected to https://172.20.1.1
You will see the security certificate warning again - click 'Continue to this website' to continue to the login page.
- Login again via cisco/firstclass for the username and password.
- Navigate to Firewall → Basic Settings and modify the settings as follows (all unmentioned fields leave at default values)
IP Address Spoofing Protection : Uncheck
DoS Protection : Uncheck
LAN/VPN Web Access : Check HTTP / Check HTTPS
Navigate to Firewall → Access Rules. Then click on Add Row to create a new Access Rule.
On the Add Access Rule page, fill out the following details and click 'Save' to add rule.
Outbound (LAN > WAN)
Navigate to Firewall → Single Port Forwarding and at next available blank row enter the following details and click 'Save' to add rule.
Both (Ethernet & 3G)
Navigate to Administration → Users and modify the following settings - click Save when complete
Edit Administrator Settings
Retype New Password
Your EII router is now configured successfully for support with the EII equipment!