These instructions will allow the printer to automatically calibrate the Gap/Media sensor. All steps are completed on the operator panel, described below.
- Press the “LINE” button until “OFFLINE” is displayed.
- Press the “ENTER” button to display the following “ONLINE MODE” screen.
- Use the “Arrow” buttons to toggle to “SERVICE MODE” as shown and then press the “ENTER” button.
- Select the following choices on these next few screens as indicated by the red boxes:
- Follow the instructions displayed to complete the calibration. Here are some tips:
- Open the gap/media sensor by pulling up on the media sensor where it says "PULL".
- Peel one label off of the liner closest to the sensor and then position the empty label liner inside the sensor.
- Close the media sensor to hold the liner in place during calibration. Make sure the “eyes” of the gap sensor are positioned in about the middle of the label stock path. Adjust as needed by turning the knob on the gap sensor. You should be ready to hit ENTER on the SATO Operator Panel.
- If calibration fails, clean the media sensor and repeat the above steps.
- After calibration, open the sensor pull the label stock towards the back of the printer to remove any slack between the media sensor and the print head, and then close the media sensor.
- Once you have exited calibration, press the CANCEL button to return to the main menu.
- Press the “FEED” button to feed a label from the printer.
- Press “FEED” again to feed a second label and repeat process until a label fails to feed out.
- Press “FEED” one more time and a label should feed.
- Select “ONLINE MODE” and then press ENTER.