Tamp Sensor Replacement
Modified on: Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 8:16 AM
The following steps should be followed when replacing a Tamp Sensor.
- Install tamp sensor and air supply tube.
- Install the sensor with the cable toward the front of the machine.
- Install the air supply tube into the front of the tamp head.
- Begin installing the spiral wrap around the cable and air supply tube.
- Start about 1.5 inches from tamp head.
- Leave some slack in the sensor cable (approximately 3.25 inches of sensor cable between the sensor and the point at which the cable enters the spiral wrap).
- Install with the sensor cable on the top side of the air supply tube.
- Do not allow the sensor cable to become twisted around the air supply tube during installation. The cable should remain on the top side of the air supply tube.
- By using the right hand to apply clockwise torsion to the spiral wrap, the spiral wrap will "open up" as shown This will allow cable and tube to be more easily wrapped without becoming entangled in the spiral wrap.
- Route the components into the control box.
- Install the air supply tube in the valve port.
- The spiral wrap must extend into the control box as shown.
- Route the sensor cable and connect it to the control board.
- An anti-static wrist strap must be worn when connecting the cable to ensure the board is not damaged due to static shock.
- Refer to the electrical schematic to obtain the cable connection location.
- Secure the spiral-wrapped cable and tube into the wire loop on the bottom side of the control box to complete installation.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.